The following are compendia of commitments made by High-Level Panel members and stakeholders.
- Action agenda 1: Selection of commitments by Panel members related to the drivers introduced in the first report of the High-Level Panel.
- Action agenda 2: Selection of commitments by stakeholders and Panel members presented at the launch of the first High-Level Panel report in September 2016.
- Action agenda 3: Selection of commitments made following the release of the second High-Level Panel report in March 2017. This list is open for further submissions.
- All commitments in an Excel spreadsheet (3MB)
Progress on commitments
- Costa Rica advances HLP commitments on Gender Equality Seal for private sector, and 21 new companies come on board
- INAMU (Costa Rica) promotes measures to support women entrepreneurs
- Oxfam’s conceptual framework on women’s economic empowerment builds on the HLP’s work
- HLP member Alicia Giron and UN Women Mexico present HLP findings to Mexican senate
- In Pakistan, HLP member Fiza Farhan supports Government of Punjab to launch a Call for Action in support of women’s economic empowerment
- HLP’s seven drivers of transformation inform Australia’s Policy on Advancing Women’s Economic Empowerment through Aid, Trade and Economic Diplomacy
- Co-convenors UN Women and Unilever launch the Unstereotype Alliance to eliminate stereotypes in advertising
- HLP member Fiza Farhan disseminates HLP recommendations to academia and think tanks in Pakistan
- ILO centenary initiative report with Gallup highlights global trends on women at work
- Canada presents feminist international assistance policy
- UN Women HLP commitment rolls out its Buy from Women Platform
- IMF continues its commitment to advance work on gender-responsive budgeting
- UN Women, with Citi and WEConnect, publishes a gender-responsive procurement manual
- UN launches “Platform of Champions” calling to end global gender pay gap
- World Wide Web Foundation advocates for closing the digital gender gap
- UK requires reporting on gender pay gap [ info | illustrative video ]
- WIEGO advocates for and helps strengthen the voices of domestic workers
- ILO Director General is an International Gender Champion
- IMF’s Financial Access Survey explores availability of gender data in pilot countries
- Knowledge hub for women’s economic empowerment set up by Oxfam
- AllAfrica Global Media establishes platform for content produced by the Women in Media Network
- Jamaica is the 23rd country to ratify ILO Convention 189
- Support from WIEGO enables Mexico City to begin the process of recognizing and securing the rights of waste pickers